Sunday 27 July 2014


 Do you ever feel like your body is just something you use to cart around your brain? Yeah me too...and I'm getting tired of feeling disconnected. I'll be honest with you, these last few days I've retreated from my blog because I've felt uninspired and have needed time to recuperate. I've spent a lot of time nestled in the arms of Mr Sunny or getting bunny cuddles from Bruh and have emerged from my hibernation determined that my mantra in life is not going to be 'I'm rushing.' 

I was starting to validate myself through external factors i.e. going to university, living by the ocean, instead of cultivating the internal landscape which is the true root to happiness. How can I call myself a surfer if I don't live by the sea? The eternal question of the land locked surfer has been causing me angst...but surely those of use constrained by urban dwelling, who chose to escape to the beach are perhaps, in some ways, even more dedicated to surfing because they discovered it in a context with multiple other distractions?? 

Yoga is something I always come back to, I'm toying with the idea of teaching it full time but don't want to make any rash decisions in the aftermath of the last few weeks. So I've decided to set myself the '40 day challenge.' I'm going to immerse myself in yoga sequence, six days a week to embark on a journey to hear myself again and truly unearth whether I am dedicated enough to inspire others through the postures. Here's my schedule:    









































I'm going to retreat, rebuild and recreate and maybe at the end of this not only will I be reconnected to myself, yoga might unveil itself as being a possible new path in life...or at the very least gotten me in wave shape! 

If you decide to take part in the 40 day yoga challenge, leave a comment here and let me know of your progress. You can follow me on instagram @sophia_cant_surf for yoga related posts. You'll also probably see a lot of pictures of this fella...



Until next time, stay strong and surf well! 
Love







No comments:

Post a Comment