Wednesday 30 July 2014




 



































Caught in the storm, battered by waves, the ship of my life blown off course by the wind of selfishness and pride. 
Now my breath rises within, the breath of the heart, sweet breath.
The sacred breath leads me within. 
The winds have died down the water is calm.
I have found a haven for my heart in the harbor of your name. 

- Krishna Das 

I awoke at 5.30am and practiced yoga as the beginning to my 14 hour work day. You'd think dawn patrol on my yoga mat would leave me feeling drained and tired but I swear I only felt lightness throughout the day. 
Usually a stoic for a cuppa tea and breakfast the moment my eyes are open, I've been pleasantly surprised by how much more fulfilling my food and tea taste, when I practice yoga on an empty stomach first thing. 

I imagine this is how dawn patrol surfers feel when getting a session in before their 9-5. It's magical being up that early and dedicating yourself to meditation whether that is on your board or your mat. 

Its funny as one door closes another ones open. Yoga has been my open door this week I inquired about teacher training and the reply I got was:

'It must be meant to be, a student deferred until next year so there is a space for you,' 

I can't believe in the short time I've had to withdraw from the occupational therapy course and process this change, I've already progressed to feeling happy with the outcome and even better I've returned to my yoga which is bursting with opportunity. 

Best of all the Land Locked surfers are due to meet again, this time we're going all the way up to Scotland for some wild camping and (hopefully) surfing with Dolphins over at Pease Bay. EXCITED doesn't even cover it. 

If you have some time over 23-26th August why don't you meet us there? 



Until next time 
Stay strong, Surf well
Love










No comments:

Post a Comment