Monday 4 May 2015

The sporadic surfer.

Forgive me if this post turns into a mournful lament to waves lost. Regular readers of this here blog may have noticed posts have been further and further apart and a lot less frequent. This is partly due to a hectic schedule as I slowly transcend into being a full time yogi but it has a lot to do with the fact that I'm just not surfing that often. 

My boyfriend recently observed that I haven't been talking about surfing in everyday conversation and that his innate fear of me running away to the sea has vanished somewhat. Whilst I definitely won't be running away anywhere without him my lack of surf talk has been for a very specific reason. This reason is because it hurts. As daft as it sounds I grieve the sea like I miss a loved one and if I dwell on this loss too much I'll be inert. There can always be time found to take a trip to the sea but I have some big plans happening and right now I can't be distracted by the fact that I want to catch some waves, because I'll be missing the bigger picture. If I work on being self employed, if I knuckle down and get my driving license and if I spend time exploring the UK with my beloved Mr Sunshine looking for a coast that feels like home, I'll be able to build the life I've always aspired to. 

The other important point to make is that despite pining for the sea I am happy. Happier than I've ever been, I am loved beyond my wildest dreams and  I love back in equal measure, I have amazing friends and family, I'm doing what makes my heart glad and this appreciation is all because of self realization. Yoga has made me live in the now, I meditate and go through the asanas to turn my gaze inwards and develop gratitude, it's also helping me help others. This week I'll be doing a yogathon in aid of Birmingham dogs home, I literally cannot wait to use yoga for the power of positive change. 

You can donate to Birmingham Dogs home on my just giving page here.

Although I don't articulate how much surfing means to me as much as I used to it still is a big part of who I am. Here's a collage of what's in my head when I visualize my life in the next few years. I better get on it! 

I dream of beautiful surfboards cluttering up my house. 
...and getting so good at longboarding I can hang ten. 

I'd also like a space for art, books and more surfboards. 

























  
And of course the surf dog! 

  
Last but not least I dream of being self sufficient of growing as much as I can so I leave a better planet.

Until next time
Stay strong, surf well and do some yoga!
Love





























1 comment: