Friday 25 April 2014

Watergate Bay.

The waves tell of ocean spaces,
Of hearts that are wild and brave,
Of populous city places,
Of desolate shores they lave,
Of men who sally in quest of gold
To sink in an ocean grave.

From 'The Three Voices' by Robert. W. Service


Words and beautiful images courtesy of Jemima Stubbs Photography

The beauty of having photographer friends is that they make you do things out of your comfort zone (like wearing a giant Native American head dress). This was a lot of fun! 

Community life with the Land Locked Surfers has made coming back to a house seem detached and lonely. We drank tea (and perhaps a few beers) made fires on the beach, sang, practised yoga and enjoyed all the aspects of living with a  bunch of awesome like  minded surfers! 

  


     



































Now for an exclusive on the blog...Mr Sunny (the wonderful boyfriend) has given me permission to include him in some of the photos. Here he is dragging me at the speed of light on a skateboard- true romance!



The above photo is actually taken by my friend TC, I've included it along with Jem's because I think Mr Sunny looks like a movie star and I look like a bag lady come to ask him something. Makes me laugh every time I look at it!

 This was a beautiful night we spent at Watergate Bay playing music and trying not to let the cold get to us! 

 This is Jem's beautiful little girl being a wild young thing (exactly how childhood should be)! 
























The Land Locked Surfers stayed at beautiful Watergate Bay, Cornwall (UK) at Watergate Bay camping park. Join our facebook page to pop along to any of our other trips, as you can see we have a pretty rad time! 

Until next time... 

Stay strong and Surf well.
Love

4 comments:

  1. Loving the blog - keep it up! It's pushing me to get back in the wáter after life has gotten in the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this comment!! I really like the thought that I'm helping remind you to get back to the ocean, I'll take that! Grab your board Paul, get to it :D

      Delete
  2. Happy to provide some positive feedback! First things first, need to find another board, having emigrated to Peru last year I only carried my wetsuit...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Errm that's a bit AWESOME! You should write a blog, I know I'd want to read about someone who surfs and emigrated to Peru! :D

      Delete