Tuesday 15 April 2014

Because how we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives. 
                                                                      
                                                                                                   - Annie Dillard 

Forgive me my dears for being so tardy, you see the things is, I've being working hard and falling in love which are two very time consuming things- I can't believe its been over a week since my last confession! 

So I came across the above quote whilst slowly devouring Steven Kotler's 'A small furry hope,' a book about dog rescue and the meaning of life. I thought it beautifully encapsulated how we should cherish our here and now moments which inspired me to create this post. My instagram feed is a snapshot of my everyday life so I thought I'd share with you a collage of moments. You'll notice I morph into a real vain cat when it comes to instagram but I like to think it gives you a flavor of my style. 

Give me a heads up at sophia_cant_surf!  

The dress is a 1970's vintage piece from Leamington Spa 'Vintage Bizar.' The dress cost £35, the look on Jack's face-priceless...

 

LOVE me some 70's print! 

Meet Ethel my vintage bike I rescued today for a mere £20 I cannot believe this beauty is mine! 

 

This vintage dress I found in a charity shop for a couple of pounds, it was the kind of find that made my hands tremble and it difficult to keep a goofy smile from spreading across my face. The boots are ebay purchases and possibly the only mocassins not made from leather. WIN. 



























I found this vintage booty in a charity shop in my local town, so kitsch it hurts! 

I'm finding new and inventive ways to take pervy photos of my lovely Mr Sunny. As aforementioned the new fella is a tad shy and doesn't want to be featured so you'll find photos like this where I bend the rules and try to get away with it...

Here's a good representation of my clothing schizophrenia I jump from being a vintage darling to a skater girl and back again! Variety is the spice of life as they say!

    




 
  
 Now for some of my favorite surf shots...

 I can't believe in a mere few months I'll live twenty minutes away from here...








Right that's enough show and tell for one day, I'm sure you must be bored as hell right now! 
I'm off to Newquay this weekend with the Land Locked Surfers so pictures and words to follow shortly. Pray for waves! 

Stay strong, surf well 
Love
























2 comments:

  1. So glad that dress found a new home - the girls it belonged to kept tempting me with it! You look stunning in everything. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Says you! I drool over all your beautiful clothes you have such amazing style (bet you'd be a millionaire if you got a pound for every time that was said to you)! You need to get your butt down to Blackheath and visit the little vintage charity shop here, if your anything like me you'll hyperventilate when you see what they're selling at the price they're selling them at! God bless Midlanders who don't seem to realize they have amazing vintage pieces!! xxx

      Delete