Friday 14 February 2014

For the love of cacti.





































I've got a bit of a 'thing' for cacti, contrary to being an ocean loving water girl, desert fauna and flora intrigues me in the same way the sea draws me in, both are pure, unbridled wilderness. For me I love cacti's alien like appearance and their resilience, cacti can even survive forgetful, sometimes too busy for her own good, hippie chicks! 

On this here day (that would be Valentines) I'm not ready to declare my love for anyone yet so I'll say it to my city instead. Whilst out in the city center I came across dancing as I was walking to the train station, here are people making the recent floods in the UK seem like an opportunity to party in the rain. 



The lovely ladies at Moor Street Train Station, Birmingham, go get a cactus and a nice chat!




Later whilst buying cacti (my version of getting flowers for my sweetheart), I met the lovely shop owner when a cacti spike went into my finger and she came to check I was ok.
We ended up chatting and was joined by another commuter as I began explaining why I was buying cacti in the first place, you see a cactus can even make you social! 

During my Birmingham city visit, I also went to my local Lush store in a continuing attempt to live more ethically. I've been replacing all my toiletries with environmentally friendly, cruelty free products and have been feel pretty super about the whole process, not to mention my hair and body is loving the chemical free change over. 

Lush can be a little overwhelming at the best of times so here's a short round up of the products this surfer girl fully recommends. 

1. Seanik hard Shampoo bar. 

Two reasons lasts forever and can deal with sea ravaged locks. Win. 

2. Dark Yellow Colour supplement. 

Like a foundation but better, the stuff comes in a tiny tub and at £8.95 you think its barely going to cover a pore but it lasts. It manages to cover uneven skin tone and my stressed city skin like I'm putting on a new face each day. 

3. Sea Vegetable Soap

Smells lovely and has the word 'sea' in it, so even though I'm living in the worlds most land locked city I still feel like a little bit of coast everyday when I take a shower. Simple pleasures! 

4. Big Blue Bath bomb. 

Occasionally I have time to soak in a bath and this is my go to bath bomb. I light some candles, grab my favorite book and luxuriate in the pleasure of doing absolutely nothing. 

5. Soft Coer. 

Fun with or without a friend! This stuff is a massage bar that smells amazing and glides on the skin leaving you smooth and smelling divine. 

On a different note, I've decided should I get into Uni on an occupational therapy course, (which means independent living), then this is the year I get a dog. Maybe two. I've found a UK charity which rescues Spanish dogs, many beautiful long legged hound things and small scruffy mutts. 

I've randomly kept repeating in my head Kozak & Vega, which I'm taking as a sign that these shall be the names of my dogs. Why not? It's a nice (possible) dream isn't it?! Even if it doesn't happen this year I like the sound of it so will work towards making it real. 

Well that's enough random musing for one day I gotta hot foot it to a date! 
Before I go here's some pictures of cacti! 



































Until next time, 

Stay strong and surf well 
Love



No comments:

Post a Comment