Monday 17 February 2014

Surfacing.











































You know that feeling, ten minutes into a workout where the little voice in your head is screaming 'no I can't do this,' but somehow your legs are still moving (or in our case arms still paddling)? Well, this is a prime example of your head lying to you, the same way ten minutes into a new relationship that's going well you'll try to sabotage it by doubting your happiness. 

Well this is how not to ruin your love life and accept that you are a vessel capable of being filled to the brim with, unbridled, arm wide joy! 

TELL THOSE NEGATIVE THOUGHTS TO SHUT THE F*%K UP! 

It's easier to be miserable because there's nothing to lose BUT there's also nothing to gain. For me the quickest way to stop ten to a dozen thought processes, is to go do some exercise i.e. surfing to give myself a moments peace. Thoughts drift like the clouds when I'm paddling out and suddenly things get put into perspective. That or do a workout routine with HASFIT. Coach Kozak is my valium, I could listen to this guy all day, such a motivator! 




SCRIBBLE.

I wrote this post on a grubby notebook on a train into Birmingham city center. I did so because I was trying to get my head straight for a date. Its too early to be revealing identities or making declarations but this guy is special, I mean I'm with him and all I feel is bliss. Like I said its early days but I feel like he's going to help me be the best version of myself, whilst also being my best friend. And that my dears in Sophia world is terrifying because suddenly there is hope and possibility. Reducing things to words on paper can shrink those enormous fears. Writing to you dear readers helps me to stop worrying about mindless things and focus on the here and now. I am someone's girlfriend, he makes me feel happy and that is as complicated as it needs to be. 

DISTRACTION.

Sometimes the best thing for you to do is to just distract yourself. I'm a sucker for getting stuck on a point and agonizing over it. Its hard to understand what it is your actually worrying about when your so close to the problem. For me I procrastinate on youtube or Epic TV. Here's a prime example of something that will suck me in long enough to stop thinking about whatever it was I was agonizing over. 



VALUE YOUR VALUABLES.

Its scary valuing people because there is something to lose if this person goes away. This is an inevitable part of life however and attempting to ignore this fact is like trying to contain water in your palms by grabbing at it. Better you accept that people change and hold your palm out ready for the possibilities. 
I'm putting this into practice for my new relationship, I'm starting to get really get attached to him and finding myself fighting this inevitable inertia. Falling in love actually releases the same chemicals as being on cocaine. Its going to get a little crazy so you may as well enjoy the buzz!! 

Anyway. 

Here's photos from said date, we walked around the Birmingham Botanical gardens in a rare bit of February sunshine. The word is bliss :) 





   
































Until next time, 

Stay strong and surf well 
Love





























































































No comments:

Post a Comment