Friday 24 January 2014

Warrior two.


Today's music has been compiled by me, hope you enjoy today's surf inspired songs! 













  





































I rose at 5.45am, smiling in disbelief at the ridiculousness of the waking hour. I began my descent down two sets of winding stairs, to the living room where the red rug was pushed back against the sofa in preparation. The dog looked on from his basket uninspired by my movements. Several steadying breaths and then the practice began. Limbs giddy from sleep repelled the stretching but consistent breaths, reaching across and into every nook and cranny, began to appease the muscles. Sun salutation, after sun salutation woke and revitalized me until suddenly I could acutely hear the morning bird song. 

I found my body contorted into warrior two pose, the grounding through my heels, stomach drawn in and arms stretched forward centered me like the unyielding oak tree. 
In meditation I finally silenced my mind enough to hear my instincts, to feel the core of what I am. Yoga continues to be a journey one with steep steps and twisting roads but I relish the challenge it gives both my body & mind and the parallels I draw between yoga and surfing. 

Hit the mat. Grab a board. 

























Stay strong, surf well and do yoga. 

Love 

No comments:

Post a Comment