Monday 27 January 2014

Seaside Woman.


 













I've been listening to Linda McCartney's Seaside woman on loop. Certain songs seem to speak to you and this one happens to personify my happiness pretty darn well. When happiness is tangible it can seem such an overwhelming, frightening thing because there seems so much more to lose. Its easier to luxuriate in sadness because right there in the darkness with you is hope and possibility. 

I've got an arm wide grin at the moment and I see my life full of opportunities. I've acquired that delicious thing called contentment, a sort of awareness that life is good. Perhaps this mindfulness is present because I have had sadness carve into me and can recognize when to savor the precious moments, I'm just grateful that I'm acknowledging it. I have a gut feeling about 2014 that if I continue to trust my instincts and learn to recognize opportunities I'll tread confidently along my path. 

This week I got two responses from Universities interested in letting me study Occupational Therapy. There are still some hurdles to overcome i.e. scary interviews to try and get through but its a teeny tiny step forward. One university is not a million miles away from Saltburn...so I could be a seaside woman after all! 

I have another something to tell you. Well. Its not really anything yet but it was a little bit of personal growth. I went on a a date. It was terrifying and my thoughts were ten to a dozen but I had that beautiful moment of looking up at someone and feeling like I'd known a stranger all my life. I dare not say anything else on the matter because I don't want to break this fragile feeling of happiness, just that despite my fears and disappointments I trusted my gut instinct and well so far its paid off! Watch this space. 

Pretty things I saw...

Yesterday I went upstairs to grab a hat and fifteen minutes later found myself looking at pit bull type breeds on my local dogs home website?! I honestly don't know how I passed my GCSES when I'm that easily distracted. Anyway, I came across hundreds of dogs needing homes, particularly the ones which are deemed 'dangerous.' I need to move out asap and set myself up so I can finally get my rescue dog, whoever it may be!! 












Until next time, 
Stay strong and surf well
Love 



2 comments:

  1. Nice song this, got a lovely reggae kinda swing to it, loving the dog pics too,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mr Blog Man! Its one of those catchy songs that you can't seem to stop humming. Happy blogging dude (I checked out your blog and loved the post about online dating very apt)!

      Delete