Friday 10 May 2013

Workin' Woman Blues


Listening to Valerie June - Workin' Woman Blues <3 

I'm feeling massively empowered today for today is pay day! 

This pay check has felt especially nice because I've finally gotten zen about how low my wages are. It was really disheartening to do 14 hour shifts and genuinely love my work but to feel disillusioned about how little money I actually was making.

The only thing that needed adjusting was my attitude and I'm happy to report that with a budget I'm making my wages work. I cannot tell you how much joy I have derived from ferreting my money away into a savings account and letting my dreams run wild with possibilities. 


Now when I spend I get this massive amount of satisfaction knowing that I've earn't the reward and to be honest my budgeting has extended into my splurging (if you can really call it that). I've become something of a super scrimper and have started crafting the things that I can't buy from charity shops. 


Well its considered terribly crass to talk about money in England so that's enough of that conversation for a while! 


So without further ado I would like to officially introduce the mascot of this here blog site...


Buddy the Sloth! 





Buddy will have a regular feature on here so watch the top tabs for his own page coming soon! 

So aside from being an emotional wreck this week (thanks Auntie Red) I've been massively inspired by a lot of things, the vegetable garden going well at work, Erin Wasson's bohemian vibe, Macklemore's song Same Love (actually sobbed watching the video), Valerie June, memories of the Land Locked Surfers Saltburn sesh and feeling loved up!


Inspiration.







The Saltburn Sessions.







 

Stay Strong, Surf Well! 










No comments:

Post a Comment