Wednesday 8 May 2013

Live Slow.

























Coping with the loss of my friend Joey, the disappointment of not acquiring a narrow boat to live aboard (see post below), the red demon sat on my ovaries and the general frustration of not being in a job which mirrors my passions, I've done what any twenty four year old adult would do and reverted to watching baby sloth videos. 

My sister who inadvertently introduced me to all things sloth has created a bit of a sloth appreciating monster. Yesterday at 6am I was on facebook sharing photos of sloths. I mean seriously. 


SIX IN THE MORNING


Err hello?! 


The truth is I'm not coping all that well with losing Joey. I learnt new information surrounding his death which has thrown me off balance and provoked inevitable analysis of my own life. In his last months Joey talked a lot about land issues, about whether we truly have the right to own areas of earth and the issues which arise because of our current attitudes towards ownership. His philosophies were intriguing and reading through his prose I could really feel the depth of his indignation. He felt that it was an injustice that people had to work for the basic right of food and shelter, especially when money is something created by human beings.  


My initial shock of losing Joey created a 'seize the moment' monster in me. I was about ready to cut my loses, buy a boat and start living felicitously, which unsurprisingly created turmoil in my present life and increased feelings of frustration for not having it exactly as I imagined.


Now bear with me, I am about to create a philosophy around sloths here...


(Witness my seamless linking of topics).


I was driving myself crazy with feeling like I SHOULD be doing something life affirming until I started to see sloths as inspiration. 


LIVE SLOW.


Take your time, have patience, sit around and reflect for a little bit. There is no rush, if you just chill out and let life happen the universe will unfold as it should.

This idea has become so ingrained I've finally decided to get a mascot for this here blog. Yup. Its happening I am having a sloth mascot, which has absolutely no connection to surfing other than sloths live in Costa Rica which I'm told is a surfing destination. 

I would appreciate any name ideas so please do send them my way! 


P.s. I'm not crazy. 


Until next time water babies,


Stay Strong surf well 




THIS WEEKS INSPIRATION.


AND NOW FOR RANDOM SLOTH PICTURES/VIDEOS



























Here's a few pictures which don't involve sloths...



Vintage shopping my friend Yamille and her gorgeous daughter. 
  




Welsh Pony Sculpture at Wolverhampton Art Gallery. Coool. 

Malvern Hills on bank holiday Monday! 









No comments:

Post a Comment