Friday 17 May 2013

Bodhi.



Surfing found me today exactly when I needed it. Listlessly flicking through T.V. channels the weirdest thing happened. My DVD player randomly started up the film Point Break (which I don't have on DVD) and I was allowed to enjoy classic lines as: 

"22 years. Man, L.A. has changed a lot during that time. The air got dirty and the sex got clean." 

"This was never about money for us. It was about us against the system. That system that kills the human spirit. We stand for something. To those dead souls inching along the freeways in their metal coffins, we show them that the human spirit is still alive."


AWESOME. 


Also lets talk about Keanu Reeves in a wet t-shirt...















Any who moving on. 

To be honest I've needed a little respite today, I am restless, a nomadic kind of restlessness. Perhaps I've had too much time to myself (forced annual leave to be precise), but I'm starting to think wildly about journeys. My method of making decisions in life tends to be very haphazard and spur of the moment. The kind of journeys I want to accomplish however are the sort which take months of saving and planning. I think I'd like to go to Australia for a year whilst I can get a working visa, or maybe New Zealand or Asia...The list is endless.

To accomplish all of these dreams I must have patience which I undoubtedly lack when it comes to myself. I've also got a job interview coming up soon, the kind of job which asks for a 60 question psychological questionnaire and ten minute presentation. *Gulp* 
So perhaps I'm reverting to old gypsy habits to cope with the stress and potential of a 'proper' job. 
A great ape keeper role has also come up at Twycross Zoo I can barely talk about it, I want it so much. Gorillas. Bonobos. Orangutans. Oh my gawd. Please let me get this. 


Well that's enough feeling sorry for myself for one day! Let's talk about something else. 

How to make Bare Foot Sandals. 

*for under £3




















Making bare foot sandals is a really easy way to update last summers flip flops and give your winter feet some much needed pep. You will need: 

Cotton (I got mine for 20p each from the local market) 
Shells/beads/bells (I destroyed a few broken necklaces to get beads and shells). 

1. Measure out 9 strands of cotton (various colours give a really cool effect when plaited) and cut approximately 1/2 a meter, you need it to be long enough to wrap around your second toe and be able to tie round your ankle. (See below). 


























2. Tie a loose loop around around your middle toe and start plaiting. 

3. As you plait on individual strands thread shells, beads and whatever else you fancy. 

4. Secure around foot and voila your very own barefoot sandal! 





Stay strong, surf well. 








No comments:

Post a Comment