Wednesday 5 December 2012

Hummingbird

Did you know that Hummingbirds are continuously hours away from starving to death? They are able to store just enough energy to survive overnight and are the only group of bird which can fly backwards! 

The Aztecs revered them as being talismans for vigor, propensity, energy and they were also thought to improve sexual potency. 
To me the busy hummingbird is a symbol that while our hearts beat we must live busily. Eat, love, rest, play do all that you can in  a lifespan - live because you are here. 

Some things that have happened... 

I made the photo black and white as I was so red with excitement having seen vegan baked goods!!
Camden is as cool as it looks, definitely a place for bohemians and fringe people. 

Finding beauty in the morning commute


A letter from one of my bestest friends in the whole wide world. He's doing a mountain leadership course in Patagonia and has been living on an ice cap for the best part of a year. Makes me feel very boring indeed....
(Above/below) These books are like old friends, I've read them again cover to cover and am feeling utterly inspired to get back into conservation. 

  

Until next time dear readers, have a wonderful week and I'll catch up with you soon. 

Peace, good karma and all that jazz

love 

Sophia 




No comments:

Post a Comment