Monday 3 December 2012

Zoologica Zine

Why hello there my dears, how the devil are you? 

So here's my latest zine for you - wildlife themed of course. It'll be a stocking filler for a few people this Christmas so don't be surprised if you receive a copy! Finances have been tight this year but to be honest I've relished the challenge of investing time and effort into gifts instead of money. 

Drawing animals again has brought out a childish joy in me, I forgot how much solace I get out of simply putting on some music and doodling as many different creatures as possible before my hand cramps! 

I was always teased in University for being a 'bunny hugger' (for the non wildlife conservation people let me explain, a bunny hugger is someone who is too emotional when doing conservation work), to be honest I never really minded, so what if I'm awed by animals, science is obviously very, very important but you can be scientific and still care.     

 I love drawing cheetahs, their coats are just so beautiful

 

 Page one

 Page two
 Page three
 Page  Four

 Page  Five

 Page Six
 It wouldn't be Christmas without a Penguin !   


Bits and Bobs
 
 
I was talking to an old friend of mine recently who revealed that she'd be getting some body art - a tattoo sleeve to be exact. The juxtaposition between her day job and this revelation was a source of amusement to me for hours - how rad! I love that she's taken the metaphorical bull by the horns and indulged in something so contrasting to her 9-5. It made me think that appearances can often be devieving and that our conduct is a far better measure of our character than the surface things we tend to cling to i.e. job status, salary, things.  
 
 
In light of this relfecting I came across
Jose Mujica the president of Uruguay. Not only is he a comitted vegetarian he also donates 90% of his salary to charity, shunning the politician's lifestyle to instead live on his wife's farm with their three legged dog Manuela. Rad.i.Cal.
 
 
Here's the article to be inspired by!
 
 
        


 











3 comments:

  1. I really love your blog.
    And now your zine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much I wish you could see how much I'm smiling after reading your comment! I really appreciate feedback, it lets me know people are actually reading my ramblings! Best Wishes Kim x

    ReplyDelete