Thursday 6 September 2012

Milestones

And so it begins...
The first of my friends got married on Monday in a wedding which can only be described as incredible.

As a twenty something I know I am still young but it feels an old kind of young, especially as people are entering the next chapters of their lives- engagements, marriage and babies.

One of my old school friends coined the word surreal to describe the whole day and I'm inclined to agree. I remember playing games with Mrs Everall as a snot nosed school kid, so to now see her as someone's wife is just mind boggling.
The wedding symbolised a passing of time that on reflection seemed to happen in a heartbeat.

Naturally being dressed up to the nines and celebrating a whole day of love made me and Ant feel pretty loved up ourselves. Slow dancing with him was a memory I'll cherish forever, I know its soppy and I'm not actually sure how I feel about marriage for myself but yeah - I guess I could be someones wife if I had to be!
Leigh-Anne and Jim (the newly weds) did are the blue print, they met as teenagers, were together for ten years then decided to get married. I think its important to spend that time together before declarations, live together, be a couple in every sense of the word. Learn to be best friends before becoming husband and wife. And that is what Leigh and Jim are best friends who happen to love each other <3  

Look, a big distraction of wedding pictures!

Vintage Dress found on a Norfolk car boot!

 
Beautiful Rowton Castle where Leigh-anne and Jim got married - they even got sunshine!

 The beautiful bride and her old school comrades!

The boyfriends!

My bezzies, L-Viki, Kate and me!

 More bezzies Laura and Viki

 No need for explaination!

 All of us a little worse for wear in the after party!

Two of my favourite things. Antonio and tea.

The happy couple <3

 One of the nicest meals I've ever been to!

 Signing the guest book

The dress in all its glory :)

 Waiting for food :)

 I'd just been told 'wear the camera around your neck, so you don't drop it'
You can't take a hippie anywhere...

So dear readers, (all six of you)! I'm sending you much love and happiness for this week hope you have a good one.

<3

1 comment:

  1. Congratulate Leigh and Jim. You and Antonio look stunning too!

    ReplyDelete