Monday 5 January 2015

Embracing the lull


Allow me to explain my purpose with a homage to surfing (of course)!!  In between sets there are moments to pause, sometimes it takes time for the waves to come so the surfer has to cultivate patience. Its a moment to catch the breath, readjust the bikini or pick seaweed out of the sea curls! 

Post Christmas have you noticed that the world seems to effervesce with busyness? Back to work, back to dieting, self improvement and a general sense of dis-ease with the status quo. Everyone seems so intent on bettering themselves that when in the first week of January they have inevitably scuppered their new years resolutions, low and behold in creeps dissatisfaction. 

Take my own New Years Eve celebrations I managed to go to two parties and then straight back to a week of work - busyness being an understatement! I've hardly had time to think and as a result have inevitably gotten myself into a stress storm. 











I am more than inpatient for a surf trip, I practically feel like a cactus I'm so water deficient! It has been four loooong months and I am more than ready to get my toes wet. It looks like there might possibly be a land locked surfer trip this January and the prospect is making me giddy I want to be in Wales already!! 

...But back to the surfer sat waiting for the set to roll in. 

In the lull, waiting for waves, there is space to breathe, to contemplate things and to marvel at the beauty of the sea swirling around you. 

So I want you to do this in the madness of post Christmas: Look around you, marvel at the abundance you already have and feel content that the set is on its way! 

What I'm grateful for this week...


I've always thought my bunny Bruh was awesome but this week he more than proved it. I took him to the nursing home I work at as pet therapy for the service users and Bruh really excelled. I have always thought animals were intuitive but the calmness and gentleness Bruh showed the residents actually melted my heart. In this picture Bruh is sat cuddling someone who has been through a really tough time of late, he sat with this person for a long while completely still and tolerated being petted. I didn't think I would learn kindness from my rabbit but the universe always provides us with teachers! 

Until next time 
Stay strong, surf well and do some yoga! 
Love






No comments:

Post a Comment