Thursday 3 July 2014

Left of my pillow.

 Left of my pillow is where sunshine goes after dusk and where he stays before rising early (always before me)! I nickname him Mr Sunny because he makes me feel like everyday is summer, I'm only light and health in his presence (...and that dear blog reader, is the restrained version of how he makes me feel)! 

This ordinary poet wants to utilize big fancy words and pretty sentences to try and encompass how much I love this man, but well, I have a habit of writing big declarations and then getting a good kick in the arse if/when it goes wrong! 

So let me just say this instead. 

I feel happy in a 'guilty for my good fortune' kind of way, like I can't quite believe my luck. I've done the sobbing into my pillow, the so angry I want to scream and the reckless running away to foreign soil...The pain, the humiliation, the being alone and frustration has all accumulated to being able to appreciate a good thing I have going on now. 

Dear reader, we don't need someone to lead fulfilling, enriched lives, we have ourselves for that but its nice when you can share the passing of time with someone who makes everyday feel like paradise.  

You may have noticed I'm a bit of a soppy cow on this here blog and if your a regular reader you'll recall that I have previously talked openly about past loves. I like to be transparent, what you see is what you get with me so although I cringe when I reread about how gushy I've been about an ex I see it as an honest reflection of a young woman trying to find something everlasting. 


Yesterday he talked about us waking up together and going surfing. The grin this statement caused could have stretched from London to New York I cannot tell you! He doesn't have to be a good surfer, heck he doesn't even have to like it, just the fact that Mr Sunny wants to wholeheartedly give it a go is good enough for me. 

Today I went thrifting...

It seems funny to call what I do 'thrifting' as its always just been 'charity shopping,' to me and my folk. Thrifting sounds so trendy and purposeful whereas what I do is rummaging and hoping! I wanted my clothes to reflect how happy I was feeling today so I decided to wear this tribal vintage number (from the 80's I believe). I'd bought it originally as something to sell on but like everything I've purchased with this intention its ended up on my back! Dress £10 from Oasis Market, Birmingham UK. 


I don't usually hyperventilate about wedding dresses as its not something I've ever really thought about (i.e. getting married) but this beautiful 60's/70's number took my breath away. 
More bounty from my charity shop spree, I got these two vintage cushions for silly cheap and this beautiful seashell themed illustration for my growing surf wall. Can't wait to get this into the new place and style it up! 


I'm enjoying immensely the accumulation of bits and bobs for my new pad (wherever and whatever it may be). I'm still up in airs about whether I can live right by the sea (Saltburn) or get a place slightly further away to keep costs down. The sensible side of my brain keeps telling myself its ok to not be on the beach front...even if I'm 40 minutes away by public transport that's better than being three hours away in either direction, like my current land locked status!  

Speaking of sensible, I'm having to put getting a dog on the back burner for a while as my life is so changeable right now and it wouldn't be fair on an animal such as a dog. I am however so bursting with love and compassion that a pet is still on the cards, right now I'm dithering between a rat, bird, ferret, bunny or guinea pig. Not sure what to opt for just yet but I'll do my research and hopefully have a blog mascot in the not so distant future! 

Until next time water babies

Stay strong, surf well
Love




No comments:

Post a Comment