Sunday 18 May 2014



Weekend outfit: Dress a £3 wonder, shades and necklace all from a charity shop, shoes borrowed from Momma.
  




Memories are made of this, long summer days, BBQ's and time spent putting the world to rites with people who make your grin ache.
Lately life has been accelerating and I've had little time to update my blog let alone contemplate and reflect on the events unfolding around me. I've inadvertently made that sound melodramatic, nothing is wrong, in fact I'm ruddy marvelous, other than tired from doing more than my fair share of night shifts! 

Being a bright eyed bushy tailed at 6am kind of person, night shifts have always filled me with a sense of dread. Even when I was a wild young thing all night parties were never my bag, it was probably the only time in life I went along with the crowd. I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on any experiences, but having partied all night I can honestly say it was good then but I think my raves are well behind me. Give me dawn patrol with a surfboard over that nonsense any day of the week!

The trouble with night shifts during nice weather is not only the problem of bright light when your trying to sleep during the day but constantly feeling like your missing out. This is exacerbated in British people as our weather is so changeable you need to seize a good weather day like its your last day on earth!


Being negative about ones situation is boring and unnecessary which is why I decided to use my night shifts as an opportunity to think, listen to some new surf tunes and whilst doing my work keeping a surf film playing in the back ground. I finally watched the iconic Riding Giants. Over the ironing I watched in horror as surfers took on waves the size of Everest, it made me even more vehement in calling surfers athletes.


Speaking of fitness, my South Africa trip to work on SAVE AFRICA'S Surf project is a mere three weeks away and my noodle arms are less than ready for paddling against waves which look like billowing monsters. I'm fairly certain I'm going to look incompetent and a tiny part of me hoped that when I finally went to South Africa my abilities would make me worthy of J-Bay. This is not the case but like when I lived near NGor left in Senegal I went as a complete beginner, every wave is a lesson, no ego. You can't have an ego surfing. So I swallow my pride, practice another land based pop up and get my butt to the swimming pool!! 


Shades were 50p finds from my favorite charity shop, dress another charity treasure courtesy of my mom, the photographer was a coerced Mr Sunny!


 ...Pretty things I saw. 










































 




I've got a lot of love for Staffordshire Bull Terriers at the moment, so many are left to perish in rescue centres, overlooked and unloved. Perhaps my new addition should be a staffie?! 

Hope your enjoying the weekend water babies and surfing for your land locked friend! 


Stay strong, surf well

Love






No comments:

Post a Comment