Monday 31 March 2014

Woah Woman.











































Is it me or can worrying feel like a full time profession? This thinking is largely derived from a TEDx talk by Sam Achor (which you can see here), within his speech Sam discussed how happiness is measured by success. The trouble with success is that the goal posts are constantly moved, so you get good sales targets, you have to get better, you get good grades you have to get better grades and so on. 

I resonated so much with this idea, I've gotten into the University I wanted to, to do the course I've been working towards for two years. Not only that but its near the surfing beach which brings me back to myself. Rather than concentrating on the massive opportunities at hand, I am dwelling on thoughts like it's going to be too difficult, I'm going to miss home, its going to be too hard for Mr Sunny and I to keep a relationship going. Blah, blah, bloody blah. 

Why do we sabotage our potential for happiness by recycling old fears and insecurities? 

In Tibet Buddhist monks create something called Mandalas, which are beautiful intricate designs they make with sand. Creating this beautiful artwork takes hours of dedication and commitment, at the end of which it gets wiped clean. Mandalas are a metaphor teaching us that everything is temporary, once you accept this you can begin living more in the present and not get lost thinking about the past of the future. 

Speaking of past. 

I'm loving the vintage revival in fashion at the moment, the beautiful styles of eras gone by combined with the empowered woman of today is, in my mind, a great combination. I have some vintage inspired shoots coming up soon, for now here's a picture Mr Sunny took of me whilst we attempted to row in Stratford Upon Avon. We were both awful. We nearly trespassed in a nature reserve, we crashed into a river liner, got caught in a current and got laughed at by people on the bridges, its safe to say we are not natural rowers. That being said near death is a very good bonding experience and Mr Sunny and I held each other like survivors when we finally got back on dry land, such fun! 




  



































I shouldn't be wearing this dress, I'm selling it on ebay but I couldn't resist one last outing as the little Cadillac car design seemed so cute to wear in this random bit of sunshine we're having! 

Anywho. Until next time... 

Stay strong and surf well 
Love


1 comment:

  1. Miss you, love your post and your metaphor about the tibetan monks, I heard that once in orange is the new black and thought it was such a lovely idea. I also so agree that we ruin our own happiness, you know I have with the poison dwarf haha. Hope you're okay and keep your head up gorgeous! Love you x

    ReplyDelete