Sunday 2 March 2014

Soul & Sun.

The soul is the equivalent of 14 suns. Like a light bulb covered in layers of dark cloth, meditation is the process of taking layer after layer off until all that is left is light. 

-Unknown Taxi driver, Handsworth Birmingham. 







































Its fairly unoriginal to 'compare thee to a summers day' but I believe I've found my sunshine. Perhaps its unwise to divulge too much about an early relationship, but this is a personal blog and writing about how I feel comes with the job description. 

It is too early for names, photos or declarations but I'd like to explain how a conversation with a taxi driver today got me thinking about soul, sunshine and happiness. 
The above quote comes from a conversation I had coming home from work, a very lovely Hindu man discussed with me the idea of karma after I suggested he run over people who don't pay their taxi fare (I was joking of course)! A silly comment from me resulted in a lengthy discussion on meditation and the benefits of positive thinking. It's amazing what can happen when you actually talk to your taxi driver beyond the customary 'I want to go here...' 

I know its early and this post is most probably the internet equivalent of gushing, but I feel like I've found someone I want to surf with. 

Ok let me explain myself. 

I realize saying I want to surf with someone probably doesn't seem like a major life affirming move but when saying that to a new boyfriend, that's a pretty big deal (to me).
Surfing is my thing and for the longest time I've been afraid of sharing that with a boyfriend in case it stops being my thing and becomes something else, something that I might resent if we end bitterly. 

With the new guy....lets call him Mr Sunny, I find myself wanting to share all aspects of my life, I want him to know all that I am and that means allowing him into my little surfing world. He's not a surfer but he wants to learn and has the adventurous spirit which means we'll probably backpack across Thailand or climb Kilimanjaro together. 

Allowing someone to see all versions of yourself and sharing the things which make you, you is daunting but its such an essential part of letting people get close to you. I'm no expert but surely surrendering to this is good for the soul. 

So.

Let there be light! 







































   




Until next time 

Stay strong, surf well 
Love 






1 comment:

  1. This little post brought some sunshine to my morning today! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete