Thursday 27 February 2014

Teeside.


The only thing better than catching a wave is witnessing someone experience the stoke of surfing for the first time. I had the privilege of being there, when my best friend's daughter, donned a dinky wet suit and took to the water - all after an otherwise very serious morning. 

Having got through a fairly daunting interview for the Occupational Therapy course I aspire to complete (which is a thinly veiled excuse to set up a business in surf therapy) at Teeside University, I got convinced (didn't take much) to change into a wet suit despite a full face of makeup and catch some waves in my favorite break. 

Turns out surfing in red lipstick is actually pretty rad, it made me feel bold and like I had every intention of surfing with such a statement lip! I even enjoyed the funny looks from other surfers - yeah I'm here! 

The little person loved the waves despite nearly getting hypothermia at one point, I think with warmer weather and a lot of encouragement she could really become a surfer girl. Here's some pictures courtesy of Jemima Stubbs from few days hanging out. 









































No Mia's were harmed in the making of this picture! Turns out getting little people into wet suits is actually not that easy, this seemed to be the best and funnest method tried!








































This was taken before we got in the water when we could feel our hands and feet and knew what warmth was. 


This is how we rocked up to my interview, child seat and surfboard in tow. We must have been doing something right because I got complimented on the coat and the lecturers chatted to me about surfing for a while. All good omens! 

Until next time, 

Stay strong and surf well 
Love



No comments:

Post a Comment