Thursday 2 January 2014

The poetry of the earth is never dead ~ John Keats 




The world is alive with inspiration can you feel it? As one year winds down and another begins it's ascent I feel a renewed sense of optimism for what 2014 may bring. Someday soon, in the not too distant future the birds will start singing loudly again, the first buds of springtime will reawaken the earth and then there is the promise of summer. 

In the winter months I take stock and use the time wisely to reflect and plan. In 2013 I lost two people this year, both their deaths were shocking and unjust but the memories of them are what motivate me to keep trudging forward. 

My friend Joey was a character who made you laugh and think deeply. He had that aura about him which made you want to be near him hoping you'd catch a little more of the magic. I also remember him talking of surfing and of a place called Saltburn. Little did I realize how much this place would come to mean to me and in the aftermath of his death where I'd find myself, sat astride my board mourning in the waves where I felt close to him.

 










         



























Today I spent my morning putting arrangements in place to try and move to Saltburn permanently. There is no saying I'll succeed in this venture but I feel that being proactive is better than sitting, wishing and waiting. 

I am ready for renewal, exfoliating away a year and becoming myself anew. It is the beautiful life and I hope to decorate it further with the ornaments of friendship, surfing and love. 

All for the love of it. 

This is what I've been up to this week. 

Vintage Musings

Today I went to Leamington Spa with Adelle my lovely hippie chick in pursuit of nostalgia, here's what we got up to! 



 











   


















My beautiful friend and fellow vintage fan Adelle! 


 



































     
   































New Year's Shenanigans 

For months I had New Years celebrations pinned down. I was going to be in Saltburn surfing...well the universe had other plans, namely work commitments which mean't I couldn't be coastal. Luckily for me a dear friend (Leigh) who I've known since ankle socks age invited me and all my old school friends round and well, we celebrated! Happy New Year mermaids, pirates, land lovers and water babies!! 

 







This post has been somewhat of an intimate snap shot into my life, I've included a lot of photographs of my world around me so I hope you've enjoyed the insight! 

Until next time mermaids, priates, water babies and land lovers! 

Stay strong and surf well, 
Love








No comments:

Post a Comment