Tuesday 17 September 2013

The Land Locked Surfers Part III

Before I divulge into the wonders of another Land Locked Surfers trip, I'd like to give a shout out to Surfdome. 
Not only are the gang there lovely to work with they've also provided me with a beautiful bikini to review. 

Below is said palm tree bikini which managed to survive my wipe outs and skateboarding!! This bikini was good value for money, good quality, didn't get lost in the ocean and didn't give me a wedgie - win, win in my books! 











  






























the bottom http://www.surfdome.com/surfdome_bikini_bottoms_-_surfdome_narabeen_tie_side_bikini_bottom_-_palm_trees-144412 

The Land Locked Surfers Club III

I am still radiating happiness after my weekend with the Land Locked Surfers despite returning to the cold, bleak city. To this day I still don't understand the magic of surfing, how it is able to bring effective strangers and acquaintances together and create community. We had new recruits on this trip and rested our heads in a caravan for eight. Despite close quarters it happened again...that wonderful moment when people really gel - we even had sunshine for a little bit! 

This is all so ironic when I think about my actual surfing. I was terrible, I mean I had the mechanics down but my attitude was all wrong. I started to 'get in my head' to the point where I couldn't concentrate on what I was doing because I was so frustrated with feeling like I was surfing terribly. 

I hit the wall. 

This happened on day one so I tried to reassure myself that the next day would be better. Then on Sunday we woke up to wind and mush, it looked like a desert storm on the beach the weather was so bad. I went in anyway, in grey waves with wind speeds which exfoliated my face and had the best time yet. I learnt to surf in a blustery, Northern town in snow and hail, so sometimes I have to get a battering from the waves to remind myself why I'm doing it in the first place - for the sheer 'what the hell' of it. 

Surfing is always challenging and then there are these brilliant moments of opportunity. I love that I'm constantly learning and the land locked surfers club is giving me life long friends who I'm able to share this all with. 

Large high quality photos courtesy of Jemima Stubbs
(and the instagram ones are mine)!


The Land Locked Surfers (and Olivia the surf protegee)! 















































 




























Thank you to the Land Locked Surfers, Surfdome, Croyde Bay locals and Ruda Holiday park for another life affirming weekend away surfing! 

Until next time stay strong, surf well! 

Love Sophia 











No comments:

Post a Comment