Saturday 29 June 2013

Saltwater Yogis

























The ocean is a shrine of interconnection, worship there often...
- Surf Yogis  

I am infinitely entertained by the strange workings of the universe (which I realize makes me sound like I might enjoy kissing third eye chakras)!

I say this because a lot of positive things have begun to unfurl in my life at the very moment I have embraced my vulnerability. It seems to me that life is a constant ebbing and flowing of tidal waters.  

Just as a wave crashes to its demise another one is rising up. 

After enduring several hours in the waiting room of my doctors surgery I was given a 20 page questionnaire to fill out. To give you an idea of the flavor of this task here is one of the questions:

'Have you ever considered suicide or self harm?

There were rather a lot of questions like that and to be perfectly honest I felt a bit of a fraud answering them. I don't entertain the idea of wanting to harm myself, its not that. I just want to talk to someone unbiased about my losses this year and a few unresolved issues from my past. I want to do this to save burdening my friends and family with information they don't need to hear. 

My Doctor is a wonderful Irish woman who was able to quickly identify I wasn't a danger or in need of dosing up I just needed to talk, so now I'm on a waiting list and hopefully will be seeing a counselor soon. 

Every fiber of my body cringes admitting that but I think for this very reason its important that I tell you. Modern society has made us susceptible to feeling blue, we're overworked, static and have too much time to think. 

Whilst in the Doctors surgery I observed the flow of patients, the sweet old couples still holding hands, the young and the fidgeting, it was a strange concoction of people. 

Through the turmoil I am recognizing the volume of wonderful people in my life. Antonio, family, friends everyone who has made this period that little bit more bearable. 

As ever I'm inspired by surfing and the salt water community and would like to take the opportunity to share some inspirations and likes of mine. 

Fashion

Gorgeous takes on the wetsuit alope.com.au


I love the retro but practical look of this bikini theseea.com



Love the boho vibe of this http://gypsealove.blogspot.co.uk/


Lifestyle 
 
Whats not to love about a community of water women?! For all your saltwater news, fashion and lifestyle, I've fallen for Salt Gypsy.

     





You know me I love anything fitness related especially if its free! Check out Wave Shape from the Calvera girls and some of the awesome yoga videos on youtube, here's a selection of my favorite. 

 

Tara Styles Yoga for fitness. 

 Get in wave shape! http://www.getinwaveshape.com/


Community 

I have found the mecca of all surf blogs, check out Mush Burger...

  *Warning* If you are easily distracted clicking on this site WILL cause procrastination.
You have been warned. Until next time water babies, 

Stay Strong, Surf Well 

Love Sophia  

xxx  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment