Saturday 30 March 2013

Queen Bee made me do it.








































At 8:56am I was crying watching Beyonce: Life is but a dream on catch up and demand. Here is a woman, a child of destiny who literally redefined what success means to the 21st century woman. 

In her own words she inspired me for one hour 27 minutes about how being vulnerable is actually ok, that women are beyond powerful and above all that love endures. She said so many nuggets of wisdom that I'm struggling to remember all of the quotes I could use on this here blog! 

Well Beyonce gave me an idea. I've been toying with the notion of film for a while now and seeing Bey use video blogs as a way of finding solace has given me the courage to give it a try for myself. I'm planning on putting together a surf film when the land locked surfer club heads to Saltburn, but for now I'm going to practice getting comfortable on screen and editing by leaving a few video blogs of my thoughts for the day on RWHCS. 

Notice in this first video I forgot to brush the dry shampoo out of my hair (which gives me lovely silver grey streaks) and that I've held the camera far too close to my face...

*cringe* 

Rest assured watching this video, I am fidgeting and rosy cheeked throughout - but hey growth is allowing yourself to be vulnerable! 



Pictures of the week. 

Yet again Birmingham city is proving me wrong, far from being boring this week has seen the return of Flatpack Festival (no nothing to do with Ikea!)Flatpack festival takes over venues across Birmingham (UK) every March bringing in people from far and wide with a mixture of films, performances, contraptions and surprises. This week alone I watched Shynola: The collective (the animators behind music videos such as Queens of the Stone age, Blur, Coldplay and the title sequences of The IT crowd and Scott Pilgrim vs the world), a silent film about Joan of Arc in Saint Martin's Cathedral and today enjoyed bicycled themed frivolities in the custard factory (a factory which has been converted into a creative space for Birmingham artists).  

Its good to have a passion in life. 






   




































Stay strong and surf well amigos! 

Love Sophia 

1 comment:

  1. Surf Machines from Hawaii : Surf simulator machines becomes a traffic-stopping attraction that no one can miss let alone pass by. In offering guests the opportunity to participate in a surfing contest the surf simulator fulfills the exotic, challenge, and setting aspects that will contribute to a great event. Combine that with the photo opportunities and pre-event publicity and most event planners will find it easy to develop the rest of the elements that will make the event one that draws, entertains, and is talked about.

    ReplyDelete