Thursday 17 January 2013

Souls and Photos.


   
In the 19th century Native American people believed having their photograph taken stole their soul. I agree entirely with this sentiment especially when it comes to having my passport photo taken. Something about stepping into that little white box instantly strips me of life force. My skin is pallid, my eyes look dull and I have the appearance of being under the weather. Take a look at the picture below. 
See if you can guess which photos I sent off and which I didn't... 

I often get asked if I'm from a different country, in my time having being mistaken for Iranian/French/Romanian/Spanish and Italian (in actual fact I'm British). For the first time I can look at these photos and understand why people might think I'm another nationality, its the hair isn't it? 

So anyway. 

Photos have featured a lot this week, I stumbled upon some shots I took at Christmas time which I forgot about and I've noticed small things which have inspired me to take photographs, something I don't usually do. Here are my efforts. 

My bag fell open like this and struck me how its contents sum me up perfectly. Wildlife book and Tibetan prayer flags! 

I knocked my surfgirl mags over and they splayed in such a beautiful way I had to take a picture. I <3 surfgirl! 

Waiting for a train home I searched in my bag and found a notebook I didn't recognize. My beloved had written me a love note which infinitely cheered me up! 
Beauty is in the little things. 

This is a wall in my room. 


This is my Africa wall :)

Winter Surfing.

I'm stupidly excited to be going surfing this weekend in Saltburn UK, even if it does mean a wet-suit so thick I'm going to look like a truck tyre and the possibility of hypothermia. England tends to get a bit whimsical in the snow so I'm also really hoping trains still work so I can get my butt up to Saltburn...hmm...

Perhaps because I'm soon to be winter surfing the Universe has decided to keep dropping beautiful tropical surf photography in my lap, just to rub it in like. Below are some gorgeous images making me a teensy bit jealous of tans and bikinis.  

 
  
 

Stay Strong, Surf Well.  



2 comments:

  1. I think its your nose! I dont even know what I mean but it looks french. Ive just got back from the seaside and its pretty bracing :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha-ha yes indeed I think you might be right. I apparently broke my nose when I was younger (I don't remember) which is what's made it look quite prominent, I don't think a nose ring helps either but hey it's a part of me! I'm so nervous and excited for the east coast I know without a shadow of a doubt I'm going to be freezing...

    ReplyDelete