Thursday 22 November 2012

Zoologica

Believe it or not I took this pic in England!

Come forth into the light of things, Let Nature be your teacher
                           - William Wordsworth


The Animals of the planet are in desperate peril. Without free animal life I believe we will lose the spiritual equivalent of oxygen.
                            - Alice Walker


Before I started liking boys the only thing that interested me was the great outdoors. I could sit outside for hours looking at things and trying to rescue wildlife I deemed to be in need of assistance (unfortunately I decided to create a snail sanctuary in my neighbors shed. The snails were happy, the neighbor was not). 

Nature and her animal kingdom was an endless source of fascination and became my vocation of choice which I spent three years loving, at the University of Cumbria UK studying wildlife conservation science. It surprises me that I've distanced myself from this passion, obviously there's context to this fact, but fundamentally I wonder why I'm not doing stuff that makes me happy- walking outdoors, mountain climbing, visiting parks, reading more about zoology. What's happened? 

So as another spanner in the works for my BIG LIFE DECISION I'm going to think about doing a masters in zoology. I'll send applications out and see what comes back- why not? If and when I have acceptances for international development and/or zoology masters courses then I'm sure instinct will help me choose a path. 

I'm grateful everyday for nature <3

Photo taken by Slaven on the beautiful Island of Cres, Croatia  

Photo taken by Slaven on the beautiful Island of Cres



No comments:

Post a Comment