Sunday 18 November 2012

And still I rise...

Inadvertently this blog has become a diary, except this one is written to the world, to all of you. So while I self modify to protect myself, mostly I just stretch my fingers and let the words flow from the keyboard. 

I sought out an old diary yesterday, the need for nostalgia compelling me to seek the words of a 17 year old me. The optimistic girl I was confronted with utterly confounded me, was I really that determined and positive? Age has to some extent eroded this part of me but I feel optimism still burns faintly reinforced by reminding myself that simply being is reason enough. I'm a firm believer of living in the moment but sometimes, just sometimes, its important to take stock and look around to see all that you were and are.   

Pictures speak a thousand words...


Here's a summary of my days of late.  
 





New hairdo! 






































I came across Maya Angelou 'And Still I Rise' poem in the London Refugee Film Festival, her words made my back specter straight and the little hairs on my arms stand up. If I had been alone I'd probably have cried, she was quite simply, wonderful. 
So please love her with me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment