Thursday 1 November 2012

The good thing about ageing...

Growing old is inevitable,
growing up is optional. 
                 - Anon

So it was my birthday on Tuesday, twenty four years danced in and out of the window, the pace of which feels like breakneck speeds. 
I had the pleasure of celebrating with my nearest and dearest reminding me that its never 'stuff' or locations which make a life but the people we choose to surround ourselves with. 

This year my birthday has been a landmark for reminding me to stay positive and grateful. Optimism is exhausting but it is the right path, we have been blessed with this fragile thing we call life, so living voraciously and compassionately is our imperative. 

Before everyone arrived to wish me well I an empty house and an opportunity to do some yoga. I've had some distance from my yoga and meditation practice which I think is a big symptom of my disarray, I haven't been living mindfully. Well I rectified this doing a session and in that hour sequence regained composure. I know that I must ensure I stay faithful to my practice as the benefits and clarity it gives me is unfounded. 

I wish to speak a little about some gifts from a very special someone (the lovely man fellow). I've never been motivated by the wealth of a gift but by the thought that's gone into it. Antonio made me feel like the luckiest person alive thanks to the effort he put into my birthday. I was so moved bu him I've taken a few pictures as these speak a thousand words (with the camera he brought me, thanks dude)! 

Thank you to all my friends and family for spoiling me rotten and reminding me why I love this life and you all so much. Thanks also to you dear blog reader for taking the time to read my thoughts and affect me in your own special way, you matter and I'm grateful for your time. 

Namaste! 

<3 

The caption  should read 'Bliss'

Even though this is bad quality I love the action!

My beautiful handmade card and surprise.

The full effect! 

Antonio painted me a scene from a Leroy Grannis photograph. I love. 

This note made me cry actual tears of happiness!


No comments:

Post a Comment