Sunday 30 September 2012

HappyThankYouMorePlease

 I'm drawing, the music is on and I'm feeling inspired. 

This week my muses are:


Occasionally you watch a film which changes you just a little bit - This is one such film. I loved it with all my heart and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since.
(Yes Antonio be smug you picked a good film)!


One of the central themes is fostering and I admit the thought of being a foster parent has caused some deep thinking within me. At twenty three, living with my parents and childless, I hardly seem the ideal candidate but then again...
 One of the refugee youths I've spoken to told me about being fostered and it really has intrigued me. I want to contribute to the world in some way but haven't found my nicche.
 I have energy and creativity so why not fostering?

There are lots of reasons against it but I suppose you only need one good reason to do anything. Hmmmm.
       


Lana Del Rey intrigues me, her sound, her style, the way she articulates herself she's utterly compelling.
 Having heard all of about 15 minutes of her album in my best friend's car, I was enthralled enough to check her out on youtube. I then watched the video to 'National Anthem' and was completely hooked. 


<3 Lana Del Rey

So onto Dogue De Bordeuxs'


Not the most obvious choice for a main character (or to follow Lana Del Rey for that matter) but the dogue de bordeux is my latest muse. I love drawing their expressive faces and am developing a zine/children's book with one as the hero.

Watch this space.

Until next time darlings, stay inspired

Peace, love and all that jazz

<3 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment