Tuesday 29 May 2012

Stuff and sunshine

Hi everyone,

[Insert excuse for a lack of blogging here]

So Britain has been experiencing a heat wave. Now the UK is famous for several things; tea, the monarchy, football but I can assure you good weather isn't one. For this reason I have been as far away from my computer as possible, instead planting lavender, cycling in vintage wear, spending quality time with my man fellow, walking my dog and getting just a tiny weeny bit tanned! I've also completed my first zine which will be avaliable shortly can you guess what the theme is...


Yup that was as fun as it looks!

 Me and my beloved

 Victoria Square, Birmingham UK

 My favourite photo of the day thank-you tall bike!

Rare British sunshine!

I was honoured to win 'Best Ladies Couiffure,'

Ok so maybe this is my favorite pic?!

Cycling through Birmingham city centre

Another day spent outdoors :)

Half way through an (unintentional) 20 mile bike ride with Antonio

Even better I have managed to invite myself along to a surf festival just for girls...who like girls....The tiny insignificant detail of me having a boyfriend will hopefully go unnoticed so I can get salt water in my hair and some much needed surfing done. I am so stoked especially as being land locked means any of the basics I picked up living and surfing in Senegal will most definitely have been lost :/

I may live in a land locked county but my heart is pure ocean <3

Until next time hombres

x

P.s. If you like what I have to say leave a comment, your feedback makes me heart glad!  





5 comments:

  1. Nice. A sun-dappled tonic to momentarily chase these (bottom of the world) wintry blues away. Looks like it was a wonderful day.

    I hope Antonio shares details of your zine through Twitter.

    All the best with the surfing.

    Warm thoughts,

    Drew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muchas Gracias Drew! I've been smiling inanely after reading your comment, I really appreciate any thoughts and opinions so thank you for taking the time to leave a message. Have a lovely jubiliee weekend Mr Taylor :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. De nada.

    Your heart for these matters (I read back through your posts) and perspective on the world is beautiful.

    Take care, though. Don't ever believe otherwise simply because this digital world we've created isn't flooding you with 'likes'. I'll bet that the women you talk about on this blog, the ones you believe in, never waited for validation. They followed their hearts, not their Twitter trends or the number of retweets they got. (Figuratively speaking, of course.)

    Have faith. Walk your path. Fill it with sunshine, and curves, and waves that never end. Hang ten and let your toes curl around the front of the board 'til you feel like there's nothing but you and the water.

    :)

    Enjoy. Love. Surf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once again a comment you've left here has me feeling completely uplifted. Are you a surfer? You describe the waves so eloquently I had to ask! Thank you for your infinite wisdom :D

    P.s. Ant let me peruse through the zines you sent him - awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :)

    No, I don't surf, but I grew up in the culture. My parents owned a holiday house on the western surfcoast of Victoria (Australia), so I spent a few months every year there. Beautiful little town. Wonderful in Summer; even better in Winter, when the rain drizzles all day and the beach huddles against the coastline.

    Be sure to post about your own zine.

    Now... go and surf! ;)

    ReplyDelete