Saturday 21 January 2012

Twenty Something.

HaPpY EpIpHaNy! 

Me wearing traditional Christian Orthodox clothes for Epiphany celebrations 
 
   At twenty something there is a prescribed script in which to follow. We tend to be uncertain but aspirational, we love deeply and openly but falter frequently and we strive always amidst the confusion to shape the latter part of our lives for the better. Being twenty something is both amazing and perilous, we're often pretty hard on ourselves because there is so much we want to achieve and prove and its why I believe wholeheartedly that travel is an antidote to this constant inertia. 

Travel not only gives you physical distance it gives your brain breathing space to really mull things over. Sometimes the grass at home is greener but we need to disappear for a while to really appreciate it. 

Take for instance the missing Antonio thing (yeah you all know how much I love and miss my man), well after some yoga and a little guided meditation I realized I'm looking at this situation in completely the wrong light. Instead of feeding the displacement I'm going to do a count down, this is time for me to appreciate how lucky I am to have stumbled upon him and that I'm to do both him and myself proud by throwing my heart and soul into my work placement here in Addis. 

Ok so lets talk about Addis. Things here are pretty awesome, we've had 4 days off due to the Christian Orthodox celebration of Epiphany, its where the ten commandments come to Ethiopia. Here's some pictures of the action....
 The Epiphany procession 
 
Me and my bezzie Naomi 

 The GX Team (minus Emma and Addis)

 Me and Dave my Ethiopian volunteer counterpart 

 Praising God in Addis Ababa
 My brothers Alex and Djene <3 


So until next time folks....

Love Peace and Happiness 

xxxxx 





No comments:

Post a Comment