Tuesday 3 January 2012

[Insert philosophy here]

HaPpY NeW yEaR!


As my emotional exfoliate the blog, naturally, is going to be a place of philosophy and reflection particularly on the precipice of a brand new year. It seems a shame that we reserve acknowledgement and profundity for one night especially when its such a good, wholesome practise to stand still for a moment and look around.

For me 2011 was a 'pritt stick and tape' kind of year and in 2010 I made a promise to make 2011 all about positive change...
 Now in respect to you dear reader, I'll be honest- Not all of 2011 was uber fantastic but here's a rough summary of why it was good anyway...(and definitely ended on a high)! 

1) Surfing saved me. I got on a plane to Senegal Africa and lived and worked as a yoga teacher in N'Gor surf camp for a while.
It rocked.


One of my favourite photos I took in Senegal.

2) I did boring mundane jobs that taught me about the deliciousness of ordinary things such as work colleagues, everyday life stories and the art of meditation whilst doing methodical tasks.

3) I learnt that a single career is not the be all and end all. Nurturing spiritual growth, compassion and being multifaceted i.e. pursuing lots of different avenues of interest makes you a well rounded individual!

4) I got heart weary, thought the romance had leached out of me a la Silent Spring. So I renewed myself, got busy living, found happiness in other things then literally stumbled upon someone I could love for a very long time.

                                                                            
The hazards of drawn on moustaches.

5)Best of all I learnt to use fear as fodder for dreams.

2012

As of January 9th I'll be on my way to Ethiopia - a pretty awesome way to start the year! Despite being a long term carrier of the 'Travel Bug' I have to say I've been somewhat evasive about this trip. This is largely because things at home have infinitely improved. Typical. Just when things get good you have to leave again! I am feeling philosophical about this however, my 3 months volunteering really is going to be a compassionate crusade. And what Buddhist can turn down that!

So I will keep you posted. And in the mean time if you'd like to comment please leave a message or contact me on: sophia.cant.surf@gmail.com

Peace, Good Karma and all that Shalom!

X



No comments:

Post a Comment