Sunday 30 November 2014

Hey, its been a while...

For regular readers of 'Real Women have curves and surfboards,' it may have appeared that things had gone awry. In the last couple of weeks there have been visits to hospital by ambulance (It's ok, I'm right as rain now), yoga exams and a trip to Morocco, (in that order), all of which have massively distracted me from blogging. 

I decided to use all that disarray as an excuse to shake up my little place in cyber space. As much as I love the title 'Real women have curves and surfboards,' with it being a quote about my beloved Marge Calhoun, I realized it was causing some confusion. I took it into account that our lovely lithe ladies were seeing it as a criticism of a slender frame. As a feminist who believes in gender equality for all I realized something needed to change. I also believe I've entered a new phase in my life and wish to continue promoting an inclusive, accessible blog site, which feels true to me. 

Thus THE SURF YOGINI was born. 

After some trippy experiences during meditation, the elephant came forward as a massive symbol for me in that it represents Ganesh, the mover of obstacles and cultivator of inner strength. I am both a surfer and a yoga girl these days so I thought THE SURF YOGINI was a nice little summary of those two aspects of my life. 

Thankfully I didn't take 'hospital selfies' during my stay (nobody needs to see that), so I'll share with you some holiday snaps instead. My trip to Morocco wasn't a surfing holiday but I fell in love with the country ayway and now that I know Marakkech is only 2 hours away from the incredible surfing beach of Essaouira I think I'll be booking return flights post haste! The trip was a bit of a milestone as its the first holiday away with the beloved Mr Sunny (the boyfriend), which I think was a resounding success! After illness, the stress of exams and a very hectic work life the trip couldn't have come at a better time. 














 

 Morocco really is a must see country, the culture and art of the place could keep you interested for a life time. The above photo was taken in a feminism exhibition we literally stumbled upon (it was a random door in the wall). 

Anyway that's enough smug holiday photos for one post!  

Until next time, 

Stay strong and surf well

Love 







No comments:

Post a Comment