Wednesday 24 September 2014

Surf Senegal.














 
 
















 

Once upon a time I lived on an Island off the coast of Senegal. I had a dog called Bob Marley who belonged to no one and everyone. We'd get up and practice yoga on the cliffs before heading for a morning surf. He'd jump in the water and swim alongside me and was one of the many reasons why I dream about getting a dog of my very own and surfing everyday. I was in a bikini always and bare foot most of the time, I got to live with amazing surfers from all over the world and expats with all their interesting life stories. I surfed and partied with Senegalese surfers who made me see surfing not just as a hobby but a lifestyle, a lifestyle with African flare. 

I got to teach yoga everyday, to pro surfers, the beautiful ordinary people and maybe one famous singer... 
My life was a series of sunrises, hot days and gorgeous sunsets. I'd got to the Italian hotel on an evening to eat pudding and steal their wifi but most of the time I was at the beach loving every moment of it. I was poor, could barely speak the language and slept where I could be fitted in but I will never ever forget you Senegal. 

Until next time 
Stay strong, surf well 
Love






No comments:

Post a Comment