Wednesday 6 August 2014

Mind matters.

All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything.
What we think we become ~ Buddha 




 I'm starting to think this 40 day yoga challenge is going to become a 365 day, all year, every year way of life. With each mm I am able to stretch I feel stronger and happier, whilst the daily meditations are helping me be mindful.

 I think teachers come in many guises and I'm lucky that you can be so inspired literally by switching on your phone or firing up your laptop. My instagram feed is full to the brim of yoga teachers connecting me to others and to my own practice also. One of my favorites I'm following is Ali Kamenova the creator of inspiring interval yoga. She also has a gorgeous American bulldog called Sofie who often features in her news feed or in her youtube videos, which never fails to bring a smile to my face! 

Today I've spent more time with animals than I have with people outside in my parents garden. Bruh has been going wild skipping about my folk's rather large garden, while Jack the dog and Hollie my neighbor's cat have mooched around having the odd scratch behind the ears when required! I've always felt a deep connection to animals which probably explains why I also really love oceans and wild spaces. Readjusting to not living by the sea has been hard but I'm opening my eyes to the beautiful wilderness bursting from the urban seams. Its crazy beautiful if you look with a different perspective. 


Lately I've been driving both myself and my long suffering boyfriend crazy with trying to move out of my childhood home. Despite the fact Mr Sunny lets me crash at his whenever I want (and my rabbit for that matter) I still crave my own little nest. I blame this on almost moving to Saltburn this year. I began getting my mindset ready for living independently and now that no longer is possible I'm finding it hard to settle back into living in my parents house. I feel a guest everywhere and home nowhere. Home isn't a place, its a feeling and I know with continued meditaton and yoga practice (along with chewing my friend's ears off) I'll be able to move on from feeling like this...or just get my own place (finance willing)! 

Here's someone making anywhere his home....Bruh decided that his litter box is the height of comfort. Weird animal. 




Until next time
Stay strong, surf well
Love

2 comments:

  1. I haven't ever gotten hooked on yoga, but I think my time is coming. Injuries and decreasing flexibility are leading me there. Great pictures and quote. Good luck finding your "home".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh thank you so much Devon, that comment has put such a smile on my face! I've always dipped in and out of yoga but I realized it had been months since I actually dedicated myself to it stoically. I was also noticing how difficult it was becoming to just 'be' to be able to sit and appreciate exactly where I am, not dwelling on the past or looking too ahead. Its not just flexibility which I've noticed as a positive change! I really hope yoga brings you solace and helps with those injuries! Lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete