Monday 15 July 2013

Awake.

Listening to: Brighton Port Authority - Toe Jam 

Dear blog reader, 

I could discuss with you my tardiness or the fact there's been so much sunshine here, but instead I want to talk about my sister. 
Emily is a school teacher and whilst reminiscing about her class, mentioned how she often thought the little ones seemed so dreamy and dazed. Emily observed that youth and growing up is an awakening, as the years pass your eyes become wide open to the realities of the world. I thought it was a very eloquently put reflection on life. It is indeed an awakening and the more you learn the more your able to see. 

Saturday I went and saw a narrow boat that feels like mine. I sat with the 69 year old female boat owner and discussed life over crusty bread and salad. We went for a cruise along the beautiful Fazeley canal, her dachshund and whippet in tow and I marveled upon what a wonderful lifestyle she appeared to have. 

Now its crunch time, my heart has fallen for Annie C the 38ft narrow boat and so its to the drawing board to see if my finances can commit to the financial burden of a loan and running a narrow boat as a full time abode. I suddenly feel very grown up and scared by the potential for being in control.

I know I can do it. Not without sacrifice of course but I feel every fiber within me quivering at the possibility of a slice of independence suited to me. 

I loved the advice of a friend over this conundrum. 

Will it matter in 6 weeks?

Will it matter in 6 months? 

Will it matter in 6 years?

I'm poised ready to make a decision, to actually commit to a choice, I am both terrified and exhilarated. 

Here's some pictures that have made me feel alive this week. 

Drayton Manor Theme Park. 



    





































 




Annie C The narrow boat/My potential new home.... 




 




*In other news The Land Locked Surfers are famous!! 
Check out our write up on Sea Kin: 

Sea Kin - Saltburn 

Until next time surfers, I hope that if you find yourself in the midst of a big decision you are able to find solace and advice. Above all I hope that you muster the courage to commit to whatever choice you make and feel free in having the responsibility to take charge of your life. 

Stay strong, surf well 

Sophia 

No comments:

Post a Comment