Wednesday 13 February 2013

Thoughts about skin.




*Disclaimer*
If you are sensitive to images of nudity (in an artistic context) then I would suggest skipping this post! 

In my head I think this is what I want to look like! 






































Lets be honest tattoos are a little bit sexy aren't they? There's something about the permanency of ink and enduring the pain to acquire them which makes them intriguing. I've always been of the mindset that they are pieces of living artwork. Equally I believe they are like wearing your journal on your body, the choice in design and the time in your life when you get a tattoo is a very personal journey and one which I want to explore. 

Now anyone who knows me well is aware of my indecisiveness. I am flippant and a dreamer so combining this personality trait with a tattoo is a potential recipe for disaster. When I was 17 I went to live on a Croatian Island and worked for a vulture conservation charity. I got it into my head that I was going to have a vulture tattoo. Yep that sinister looking bird which eats dead things, that was going to be my choice. Now the reasoning behind this idea was using the vulture as a symbol for reincarnation, about understanding that we're all part of one big cycle and that our mortality is our greatest freedom (not so lame anymore is it)! 

Since graduating the only consistency in my life has been surfing. Regular readers will know the context of this and how integral it has been to getting me back on even ground. Surfing reconnects me with myself, it makes me appreciate I am a drop in the water but really part of something. It might come as no surprise then that my tattoo aspirations are for surf themed art. 

I've been surfing of a different sort lately and found these beautiful images. I think like any decision in life researching is a good way to find out what you want to do, which is exactly what I think is needed on deciding what tattoo I want. Recently a heavily tattooed friend thought my back would be a really great place to have a wave design. Funnily enough during a brief stint as a life model (during university) I was told by a prominent artist (that's another story for another day) that I had a very nice spine, so maybe my back is a good blank canvas to start on!! 

Tattoo Envy. 


I'm fairly certain most women will like this picture! 
This photo is stunning. 



   
...and I'm fairly certain most men will like this picture!


This design is breathtaking what a piece!

Now that is commitment!         


Stay Strong, Surf Well 








1 comment:

  1. How would photo number 3, "This photo is stunning" be if the woman was 20 years older and 3 stone heaver. I'm not saying it's not stunning, because it is. What I'm saying is that the tat has a kick-ass frame!

    ReplyDelete