Saturday 29 December 2012

Sew Buttons

I don't know about you guys but I think I may have overindulged during the festive period *sooo much food* 
My down fall was the numerous vegan desserts my mom decided to make - what can I say the woman has talent so who am I to deny fine dining!?! I also think its important to let loose now and again, life's far too short to worry about calories. We're healthy, kick ass surfer girls most of the time, but even we need a little blubber to keep us warm for British winter surfing!  

Any who that's enough excuses for one post. 

Wishlists for New Year dreamers...

My favorite time of year is actually New Years, something about being able to start again creates fertile ground for hopes and dreams. January is an excuse to possess renewed vigor for accomplishing aspirations and for creating some new ones, I feel that its important to reflect and wonder.  

(Now please do excuse the cheesiness of the next few lines...)

For Christmas I got a new dress with fancy buttons sewn on, on discovering a spare set of buttons I started philosophizing about how this relates a little bit to life...

(Hold on in there the cheesiness is nearly over). 

When things go wrong you fix, much like finding spare buttons on a favored piece of clothing, you always have the ability to mend, make do or improve. Its been fodder for my thinking, especially concerning this blog. 

Anybody else noticed the hypocrisy of RWHCS? Its a surfing blog without any surfing content! When I actually worked out the last time I went surfing I realized it was well over six months ago and more worryingly that I went once- ONCE in the entirety of 2012. This is not going to happen in 2013, its going to be a priority (along with getting a stable job, my own place, learning to drive, travelling when I can...ahem* ambitious much)!? 

So anyway here's a round up of my favorite pictures over the Christmas period. 


I currently live in the loft room of my parents house. The benefit being that I sleep under a window, this is one of the views I see lying on my bed :)

A Pre-Christmas get together with friends, I love this photo purely because of Antonio's face (middle) he so looks like he's lording it! 

This is Rosie, she lives far away from me but is one of the people I cherish in my life, when we catch up we literally don't move for hours!

Me and my sister Emily dressing up for Christmas day. 

Vegan vegetable soup with homemade croutons nom nom! 

My beautiful mother 

Dad doesn't do serious. 


This is Laura, beautiful sister number two! 
Jack the dog (not dead just exhausted from all the Christmas cheer/food). 

Appreciating a new Christmas present :) 

So tell me, what are your hopes and dreams for 2013? If you feel brave enough leave me a comment and we can start letting the world know what we hope to accomplish. Here are some of mine (there will be more there always is)! 

1)I want to have some control over my life, that means a job I feel proud of, independence and spirit. 

2)I want to surf. 

How about you?  

Mahalo. 


No comments:

Post a Comment