Saturday 30 June 2012

Whales, Rats and Bali

I am STOKED as we speak seven of my t-shirt designs are being produced, two of which are going onto hoodies :D

For much of my life I've been crippled with that dibilitating disease of thinking my art work is shit.
In my eyes there were always someone doing it better, doing it with more style and so it made me into a bit of an art hermit hoarding my work away.

 Then Antonio (my beloved boyfriend) came onto the scene as a fully fledged (qualified) artist who coaxed me out of this self induced art coma. I've always drawn and painted throughout my life and in the process have had a lot of fun doing it. Ant nurtured my creativity and made me realise if I'm loving what I'm doing then I am an artist regardless of whether I've gone to art school or not.

Here's a sneak peak at some of my designs. As a preliminary I'm going to be selling these at the WomenZone Surf festival happening in The Gower, Wales.
In the near future however I'll be selling these on Ebay & Etsy so watch this space...

P.s. The t-shirts will be organic and ethically made of course!

This is a fusion of my two loves. Buddhism and Surfing. The 3 in the Buddha's head is inspired by the om symbol but actually represents me and my sisters - 3 girls!


I love whales, they are huge and nomadic a bit like my hips! Move your fins is a motivational phrase to get surfer girls paddling.

These are rough designs of course but I think you get the idea.

I'm also loving this week...

<3 Pictures of beloved pets I used to have.


 This is Fagin the rescue pet rat I had, who lived with me throughout my university years. I know it sounds odd (especially to people who only associate rats as being vermin) but I loved him to bits and he was a celebrity in his own right.
He was a symbol of my indepedence (the first pet I got without my parents permission).
He also helped me do countless essays by sleeping on my lap and when he could be arsed to do anything, by entertaining me with his tea drinking habits (no mug was safe).


<3 Fair trade dresses that use African textiles.

I've got a few weddings coming up so am going to invest in something like this and style it up with chunky wooden jewellery and high tribal heels,(I can do dressy when I want to)!
Fashion-conscience.com is my new label lust.


<3 Seeing surf videos of Indonesia (Bali)
(made by my friend Jonny)


Bali is my next trip destination and what I'll be furiously saving up for with my three jobs!

*
Until next time water babies and land lubbers (!) 

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of Fagin! And your art is great. Keep going!
    PS: to see rat society at its most entertaining I think you need to come to Marseille :)
    Kisses from Mara and me

    ReplyDelete