Wednesday 19 December 2012

When things go wrong...and why that's kind of OK.

I'm just going to put it out there I'm not a perfect girlfriend. Without fear of airing my dirty laundry in public (which I won't because details are what keep my life personal...but I will elude to for entertainment purposes), me and my man fellow are prone to the odd spat. 
We do however argue well, if one of us is aggrieved we discuss it until we're both bored of talking and usually always find a solution. If we don't find a solution we do something else, but hey we don't need to discuss that! 

My mother always talked openly about relationships being hard work (she's been married to my dad for over 25 years so she's got some authority on this subject)! She also stated that the success of a happy partnership is finding your best friend. 
When I started to notice guys (it took a while) I didn't wear my heart on my sleeve I wore my SOUL. Funnily enough that's the quickest way to get your heart broken! 

My greatest weakness is that I love too easily. 
My greatest strength is that I love too easily. 

I used to think that when you were in a relationship that person needed to be your all, your best friend, lover, entertainment, that they needed to encompass all your interests and hopes. I've learnt that in actuality one person shouldn't be your all. My career, my interests these are my own jewels that I keep to myself. Being different is actually a really great way to broaden your horizons and find some new interests. 

“Let there be spaces in your togetherness, And let the winds of the heavens dance between you. Love one another but make not a bond of love: Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls. Fill each other's cup but drink not from one cup. Give one another of your bread but eat not from the same loaf. Sing and dance together and be joyous, but let each one of you be alone, Even as the strings of a lute are alone though they quiver with the same music. Give your hearts, but not into each other's keeping. For only the hand of Life can contain your hearts. And stand together, yet not too near together: For the pillars of the temple stand apart, And the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each other's shadow.”

The Prophet, Kahil Gibran 

I don't think you should ever be afraid to fall in love, its hard to renew yourself if it goes wrong but my gosh you learn some things about yourself! 

Stuff that's happened over an unspecified period of time...

1. I've worked as a museum guide.

2. I found three perfect jobs at three different zoos. I've   
   applied to all of them and have mild heart attacks when I 
   check my emails. Please let me get one of these jobs. 

3. Me and my fella argued over Chicago. Yup. True story. 

4. Me and my fella made up. And that's enough of that... 

5. I've fallen in love with the film Pitch Perfect. Fat Amy is my
   HERO!

6. I broke down on the motorway after a day trip to the Forest of
   Dean. It was rock and roll until the novelty wore off. 

7. I've started writing a fantasy novel after being inspired by a 
   white Stafford-shire bull terrier...no it makes no sense. 

Here are some pictures. 

Out with my Dad at my local woods. 
  



Can't for the life of me remember what was so funny.
Here with one of my best buds :) 

A sketch I've done for a friend. 

Don't be fooled they have no idea what they are doing.

My face is so purple from cold I had to make the picture black and white for your sake! 

At my favorite cafe with some of my favorite people.

Catch you later folks! 

2 comments:

  1. You're a beautiful writer, you know that? Hopefully you do :). I like this post. It's so real and honest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Devon that really means a lot to me. Best wishes my lovely x

    ReplyDelete